If you follow our twitter feed you may have noticed that Friday was National Donut day in the US and National Fish & Chip Day in the UK. And naturally, we wanted to know which one would win a Robofood fight! So we ran a poll; the outcome of which was that you all thought that donuts would win..
Why you all voted that I’ll never know as clearly find and chips are far superior (and healthier). Fish and potato? What’s unhealthy about that?
Anyhoo it got us thinking.. Who would win an actual robofood fight? Well, there’s only one way to find out – build a foodbot and fight! So, how’s about it Robocrafters, you up for the challenge?
We want you to build a food-based Robot, upload it to the Community Robot Factory (CRF) over the next week. We’ll then pick our favourites and share them with the world. We’ll even take a few out onto the battlefield to see how they fare – they may even be included in a future livestream.
As a little incentive to get those creative juices flowing, we’ll be awarding one week of Premium access to our favourite five.
You must include the term DB1 at the beginning of your robot title when you upload it to the CRF. Failure to do that will result in your bot not being entered into the competition (as we won’t see it when we look for all the entries).
Now the important bit:
- Follow the brief
- Submissions must be your own work
- Competition period: 6th June 2016 – 23:59 12th June 2016
- Entrants must design a Robot based on the given theme during the competition period
- The judges decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into over why one bot was picked over another
- The term DB1 must be at the beginning of the robot title
- By entering the competition you grant Freejam permission to use your design in future promotional activity.
- The most important rule – HAVE FUN!