OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro updated to support Jio VoWiFi: Here’s how to activate it
OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro are receiving a new update that brings Jio VoWiFi support, work-life balance mode, bug fixes and other improvements. Most of the features of OxygenOS 10.3.1 update are India-centric with a staged rollout already in progress.
OnePlus says that it is randomly seeding the update to users, hence, using a VPN service won't work. The latest update brings support for VoWiFi calls using a Reliance Jio network to the OnePlus 7 series.
There's a new Work-Life Balance mode which lets you set up two profiles for use between work and home. You can mute notifications when at work or when taking time out for yourself with a toggle in the notification menu. The app lets you select the apps you'd like to receive alerts from during either of these modes.
The new update also enables a cricket score widget in the Shelf area and gives you live updates on matches.
OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro: How to activate Jio VoWiFi?
To enable VoWiFi (voice-over WiFi) on the Jio network from your OnePlus 7 or 7 Pro, you need to make sure you're running the latest OxygenOS 10.3.1.
Next up, you need to go to Settings and tap on Wifi & Internet. From the list of options, select SIM & Network and tap on the Jio 4G SIM. Under the Enhanced Communications category, use the toggles to switch on VoLTE and WiFi Calling.
Now you'll see a VoWiFi icon in the Status bar, indicating that you have successfully activated the VoWiFi on the Jio network. Now you can make calls using your WiFi network.
With VoWiFi, your calls get connected to the network through the WiFi as opposed to cell towers. Also, you don't need to pay any additional charge for making VoWiFi calls.
So, if you're on the latest OxygenOS version, this would probably help you enable the VoWiFi option. For everyone else, stay tuned for the update to get to your phone.
OxygenOS 10.3.1: Changelog
– Optimized the RAM management
– Improved black/blank screen issues with some apps
– Added the feature to support reminders for privacy alerts
– Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
– Updated Android security patch to 2020.1
- Network (India Only)
– Integrated the VoWifi registration for the Jio Sim
- Cloud Service (India Only)
– Supported synchronization with Notes and Contacts
- Work-Life Balance (India Only)
– Optimized message notification
– Optimized the mode and app selection
– Added location, calendar, auto-track feature
- Cricket Scores (India Only)
– Add Cricket scores as a card in your Shelf for quickest access to live match scores and team updates
- Also Read: Airtel introduces voice over WiFi calling service in India, but not everyone can use it