This iPad Mini deal is good, but you should still avoid it
If you’ve been perusing the Fourth of July sales for ways to get the iPad mini (2021) for cheap, then you may have spotted the 64GB version on offer, as it’s newly down to $409. However, we’re here to tell you to avoid it.
This deal is live on Amazon (opens in new tab)and Walmart (opens in new tab), including other places, but it’s actually nothing new – we’ve been seeing the tablet go down to this price many times before, including during deals seasons like Black Friday, but at other times too.
That’s a fine discount for the tablet, but we could see it hit a new low soon. Amazon Prime Day is coming up in just a week, and the iPad mini (2021) is likely to see a better discount then. And even if it doesn’t, it’ll likely see a price match at least.
So if you really need a new iPad mini right now, maybe you should go for the tablet – but if not, we’d recommend you wait.
In our iPad mini (2021) review we called it a “powerful device with a crisp smaller screen” and gave it four stars out of five overall.
We praised it for its compact design, as well as its powerful chipset and the fact it brought a storage jump over the 2019 model.
However we weren’t as keen on its battery life which was sub-par, the fact its 5G connectivity was limited, and that it doesn’t come with any keyboard or stylus accessory (so that’d cost you more).
Like any device, it’s a good tablet if you can get it at a good price, and hopefully Prime Day will bring just that discount.
Best Buy 4th of July sale: quick links
- Apple: up to $800 off iPhone 13 Pro, $200 off MacBook Pro, and more (opens in new tab)
- Appliances: Samsung, Whirlpool, LG, Maytag and more from $218.99 (opens in new tab)
- Cameras: save $100 on the GoPro Hero10 Action Camera (opens in new tab)
- Chromebooks: get a Lenovo Chromebook 3 for just $79 (opens in new tab)
- Furniture: desks, TV stands, and side tables from $49.99 (opens in new tab)
- Headphones: up to $200 off JBL, Apple and Samsung (opens in new tab)
- KitchenAid: get $100 off KitchenAid stand mixers (opens in new tab)
- Laptops: save up to $200 on the latest Windows devices (opens in new tab)
- Outdoors: up to $150 off grills, tools and pools (opens in new tab)
- PC gaming: up to $300 off desktop gaming PCs (opens in new tab)
- Small appliances: Air fryers from $29.99 (opens in new tab)
- Smart home: $150 off the Arlo Pro 4 – Camera Security Bundle (opens in new tab)
- Smartwatch: Apple Watch, Fitbit and Garmin from $129.95 (opens in new tab)
- Soundbar: get the Sony HT-S400 Soundbar with Subwoofer for $199.99 (opens in new tab)
- Tablets: get up to $130 off Samsung Galaxy tablets (opens in new tab)
- Toys: free gift card of up to $25 with Lego Super Mario starter sets (opens in new tab)
- TV: big screen TVs at 55-inches and up from $269.99 (opens in new tab)
- Vacuum: up to $200 off Dyson, Roomba and Shark (opens in new tab)
- Video games: up to 60% off PS5, Xbox and Nintendo Switch games (opens in new tab)