Webinar: Will AI/ML revolutionize 6G?
Machine learning (ML) has achieved tremendous success in a wide range of applications, such as image and video recognition, object detection and natural language processing. Over the last few years, researchers and key industry players have been investigating the native support of AI/ML-based models and algorithms for signal processing in the future 6G air interface.
The initial focus will be on the receiver part as the concept of a neural receiver is introduced. Simulations show a performance gain compared to traditional concepts, but open questions remain: Will the use of AI/ML revolutionize the next generation of wireless communications? What is required to achieve the full potential of AI/ML-based signal processing, and what is the role of test and measurement solutions within the broader context? This webinar will address these exciting questions and provide important insights.
In this webinar, you will learn how to/ more about:
- The current status of the 3GPP Release 18 study item on AI/ML for the air interface
- A summary of ongoing fundamental research for an AI-native air interface in the future 6G wireless communication standard
- The concept of a neural receiver and how it may outperform the classical signal processing approach used in today’s 4G and 5G networks
- The next step after the neural receiver
- The role of test & measurement solutions within the broader context